Sincil Bank Community Position- St Peter at Gowts Church of England Primary School and Bishop King Church of England Aided Primary School
EAL Parent Support Advisor – Community Based
Full Time (term time only) Closing date: 12.00 1st July 2019
Grade – 5 £19,554 – £21,589 pro rata
Are you passionate about supporting families in the Sincil Bank area? Do you really want to make a difference, helping new and existing EAL families to access services, support and education within our local community? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, well-motivated, resourceful and effective individual with previous experience of delivering effective provision and dynamic support to a wide range of children and families.
The role is being funded by a successful ‘Controlling Migration’ community bid. It is intended that the successful candidate will work 2 days at each school and 1 day based at the Sincil Bank community hub. Their primary job will be to support EAL families in the community, using the school as a basis for this work.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with families and professionals to deliver a wide range of services which meet the needs of the children and families attending both schools in the Sincil Bank area. Signposting, working with other agencies and working proactively to engage families is an essential part of this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong commitment to serving the local community and improving outcomes for young people and families
- Have experience of working or volunteering in a primary school setting or as a community volunteer
- Understand the needs of EAL and vulnerable families
- Be able to support families through the TAC process
- Be committed to building and maintaining positive relationships
- Be an excellent team player with good communication skills
- Be highly proactive and solution orientated in order to overcome any barriers
- The ability to speak other languages would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Child Protection and safeguarding procedures would also be desirable.
Visits to either school during the school day and after school can be arranged and are positively encouraged. To arrange a visit or request an application pack please contact Mrs Charlotte Hickerton – Headteacher at St. Peter at Gowts on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01522 880071.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.